[mythtv-users] to Beirdo re ticket #10336

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:20:18 UTC 2012

Yianni.
 > Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 01:38:46 -0800
> From: gjhurlbu at gmail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] to Beirdo re ticket #10336
>
> The ticket is showing problems with your OS, not even necessarily with
> MythTV.  It looks to me that the OpenGL being linked to is somehow the
> incorrect one.
I know it's my OS that's to blame, but no matter what, so far only MythTV is affected. Maybe they made a wrong or just radical design change in the X server implementation or whatever else. I am reporting this because there is a growing chance that others will upgrade to 12.1 and will face the same problem with nVidia drivers (so far the common factors) and mythtv. I am just trying to help by reporting this.  Maybe the library path is to blame?   $ cat /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/local/lib64
/usr/local/lib
/lib64
/usr/lib64
/usr/lib
/lib
include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
# /lib64, /lib, /usr/lib64 and /usr/lib gets added
# automatically by ldconfig after parsing this file.
# So, they do not need to be listed.
Only /usr/local/lib64 and /usr/local/lib were present in the ld.so.conf file originally. Mythmusic wouldn't build with libcdio and fftw until I added the last four paths in the file. Maybe it's a similar issue with opengl?Here are the remaining contents of the included files $ cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/graphviz.conf
/usr/lib64/graphviz
/usr/lib64/graphviz/sharp
/usr/lib64/graphviz/java
/usr/lib64/graphviz/perl
/usr/lib64/graphviz/php
/usr/lib64/graphviz/ocaml
/usr/lib64/graphviz/python
/usr/lib64/graphviz/lua
/usr/lib64/graphviz/tcl
/usr/lib64/graphviz/guile
/usr/lib64/graphviz/ruby $ cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/wxWidgets.conf
# Third party packages should search this directory for wxWidgets libraries.
#
# Don't modify this file, replace the wxWidgets-compat-lib package
# with another package instance instead.
#
/usr/lib64/wx-2.8-wxcontainer