[mythtv-users] Recordings working, sound ok on mplayer but not on mythfrontend (SOLVED!)

David Sims simsdw56 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 18 23:33:36 UTC 2012

Hello

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jean-Yves Avenard
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:29 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Recordings working, sound ok on mplayer but not
on mythfrontend (SOLVED!)

Hi

On 19 February 2012 08:53, David Sims <simsdw56 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Please ignore the previous posting.
>

> I was able to go through the wiki and find the answer to get the
> mythfrontend sound working correctly.
>
> What I needed to do was select the "ALSA:default:CARD-Intel"
>

> Now I need to get the sound to come up when using a web browser from
another
> computer in my home network.
Not sure what that last sentence means.

But if you have found what audio device works for you in myth

getting sound to work for other apps is rather simple.

Now if default works when iec958 didn't, are you running pulse by any
chance?
====

Jean-Yves,

I am not sure what pulse is but what I meant by the last sentence is that I
use a standard windows web browser (IE9) and browse to the apache2 web
server installed on the Mythbuntu station setup in my garage.
Using the installed web site at http://{somehostname}/mythtv/tv/recorded  I
can see the recorded program in the list of recorded programs.
Selecting the "ASX Stream" for that recorded program brings up the video in
Windows Media Player but no sound comes along with it.
Since Samba is also installed on this machine I have discovered that I can
go directly to the file server share and again select the recording.  It
comes up in windows media player again "WITH" the sound.
So it must be something with the installed apache2 web parts that it is not
bringing across the sound along with the video.  This seems very unusual to
me but that is what is happening.

Hope this explains a little bit about what I am attempting to do and the
resultant issue that comes.

David