[mythtv-users] RingBuf(...): Waited 0.2 seconds for data to become available...

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Feb 18 22:38:57 UTC 2012

On 12-02-18 01:27 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> Are you actually seeing any problems as a result of this?

Log pollution in the least.

> Perhaps it is
> just an issue of the commflagger running too close to the real-time, and
> running out of data to pull.

Well, that would be my last question in my original post about these
delays being expected.  If this is indeed the case it would be nice if
it were not logged as if it were something somebody should be taking
notice of -- both by the jobqueue host and the backend.  Recall that
these messages appear on both.

It would be nice for example for the backend to return some kind of
indication that the slow return is expected rather than leaving the
other end guessing why it's taking so long to get data.

Cheers,
b.