[mythtv-users] Starting MythTV

Duncan Gillibrand duncang92 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 21:19:11 UTC 2012

Can I apologise for being a N00B? I've looked everywhere and can't find out
what my prob is.

I have successfully installed and can run MythTV under XBMC and I love it.

The problem I have is that mysql doesn't start unless I manually enter the
following in a terminal .. What do I have to do to get it to "autostart"? I
know it's cos mysqld.sock doesn't exist although I keep creating and
re-creating it but after every reboot it's gone.

Sudo -s

Mkdir /var/run/mysqld

Touch /var/run/mysqld.mysqld.sock

Chown Duncan /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

Chown -R Duncan /var/run/mysqld/

Mysqld

And then in another terminal run "mythbackend"

Thanks in advance, Duncan