[mythtv-users] Status of 0.25

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:47:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 19:37, Eric <bernhart2002 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all, i see that 0.25 has a targeted release date of april 2nd and i
> was wondering if it is stable enough to be used in a production system?
> Anyone using it?

You would have to define "stable enough".  It has not
(yet) gone through the usual Beta/RC testing cycles,
so bugs (almost certainly) exist in the branch.  Bugs
that matter to you?  I do not know.  Bugs that will
be fixed (rather than the feature pulled)?  I do not know.
If you are someone who enjoys the experiences of
a work in progress (crashes/bugs give you the excuse
to tinker and debug), than it is probably "stable enough".
If you want rock solid WAF, it probably is not.  AFAIK
the developers make no assurances of "stability"
until it is formally released.  Still targeted for April.