[mythtv-users] Irrecoverable Recorder Error while watching recordings that are currently being recorded.

Greg Grotsky spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 05:15:02 UTC 2012

We used to be able to watch recordings while they were being recorded but
lately (like within the last year) while watching a recording that is being
recorded we'll get video and audio drop-outs/skips.  It'll play fine for
about 20 minutes and then skip a few times and eventually boot us out into
the recording menu and report "Irrecoverable Recorder Error".  We can
usually notice this trend and save a bookmark before it dies and just start
the recording up again and continue where we left off to work around this
issue.  Tonight we were watching American Idol and hit pause; the video was
paused for about 5 minutes and while it was paused it failed!  Not during
playback??  Weird!  It kicked us back to the recordings menu with
"Irrecoverable Recorder Error".  I'm not sure what this means but now (that
the file isn't being recorded) we can watch the entire recording without
getting any hangups nor errors messages.  I'm using VDPAU on an nVidia
GT430 with HDHomerun and PCHDTV recording devices.