[mythtv-users] Does MythTV send power off commands to STB devices

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Feb 17 01:39:28 UTC 2012

On 2/16/2012 18:25, Adam Jimerson wrote:
> On my system MythTV 0.24.2 I have a HDPVR that uses the IR blaster to
> send channel change to my
> Satellite box.  Lately I have noticed that the satellite box would be
> turned off while no one was home or
> ever night.  I am not sure if MythTV by default sends power off
> commands via the IR blaster.

MythTV doesn't send any commands to anything.  MythTV allows you to run
an executable, with the channel number as the only argument.  MythTV has
additional system events that can trigger for imminent and finished
recordings.  It's up to the user to supply the executables or scripts
capable of manipulating whatever hardware they need based off that.