[mythtv-users] uPnP

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri Feb 17 00:50:46 UTC 2012

On 17/02/2012, at 2:08 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>> I've setup some videos, and my recordings are broadcast by uPnP and all
>> works well.
>>
>> I cannot view my videos in my frontend presumably because the videos are
>> in Movies on the backend.
>> Is my frontend built funny that I cannot view videos on the backend as
>> other uPnP viewers can?
>>

> I have a combo backend/frontend not a separate frontend so I don't have
> this issue, but I don't think you need UPnP to play the videos on a
> separate frontend. You should just be able to play them with mythvideo
> using MythTV's own internal protocol. I'm not sure why you would need UPnP.

Being a bear of little brain I fumble when I do not understand ...

Frontend:

Browse Videos
Video List
Video Gallery

all yield No Files

Backend:
I used the Video plugin to use /mnt/store/Movies as the video directory
Movies that I drop there are soon visible in the uPnP list.
I can select them and play them with my (samsung) uPnP TV

I guess that what I want to be able to do is watch the videos with myth as well as the TV.
(to check the cutlist editing etc)

Myth RECORDINGS are visible on the uPnP list, but the cutlist is not honoured hence the transcoded videos

Clearly I'm missing the plot, but what ...

James