[mythtv-users] MythTv BE/FE go to sleep but doesn't wake up

ganassa ganassa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:35:33 UTC 2012

Check done:

1) /etc/default/rcS
 I've changed:

UTC=NO

UTC=YES

2) BIOS
time was set as 20:15, but my local time is 19:15, and UTC time is 18:15 -
now it all make sense.
Probably, when the BE/FE is started up, it reports the BIOS time (that is
wrong) in the log, but immediately after it the OS update the time to
what's set for Local (that is right), and this explain the time-warp in the
log. Last, this update is not effective after a restart, so at the next
boot the time setting was still wrong, and so on.

3) BE/FE restarted and tzdata reconfigured

$ date
Thu Feb 16 19:17:05 CET 2012
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
Current default time zone: 'Europe/Rome'
Local time is now:      Thu Feb 16 19:17:27 CET 2012.
Universal Time is now:  Thu Feb 16 18:17:27 UTC 2012.
$ date
Thu Feb 16 19:17:30 CET 2012

Now it makes sense!

4) BE/FE shutting down for the final test

2012-02-16 19:24:39.461 CheckShutdownServer returned - OK to shutdown
2012-02-16 19:24:39.474 Running the command to set the next scheduled
wakeup time :-
                                                mythshutdown --setwakeup
2012-02-16T19:45:00
2012-02-16 19:24:39.563 Running the command to shutdown this computer :-
                                                mythshutdown --shutdown
Running /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh to set the wakeup time to 1329417900

Broadcast message from root at multisala
        (unknown) at 19:24 ...

The system is going down for halt NOW!

next scheduled recording is for 20:00

$ time=1329417900
$ date -d @$time +%F" "%T
2012-02-16 19:45:00

and this is right, too. Let's wait some minutes...