[mythtv-users] DVB recordings fail with: 'Warning: Unsupported bandwidth parameter'

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Feb 13 15:08:58 UTC 2012

On 13/02/12 12:53, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Yesterday every DVB recording failed with zero-byte files created. There were no
> changes made in the last couple of days, but I did migrate my MBE from Mandriva
> to Debian the previous week-end - this coincided with Digital Switchover Phase I
> from the Hannington transmitter. All last week I had no problems with any
> recordings.
>
> I tried some LiveTV this morning to see if it was one or other of my two tuners
> but both give the same result.
>
> I googled the message but the results in the main seem very old, so that's why I
> am asking again.

Hi:  It seems strange that after, presumably, rescanning for DSO you
were able to record but suddenly can't.  Normally I would suggest just
making sure you are using the right Transport frequencies and rescanning
until all transports show netid and transportid in the editor window,
but maybe there's a problem with the transmitted data.

You might find something useful at or linked from

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10217

HTH

John P