[mythtv-users] Ubuntu TV

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Sun Feb 12 22:25:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On 12-01-31 09:37 AM, Michael Watson wrote:
>> If it can someday be a full frontend to
>> MythTV, I would buy a "Smart TV" with UbuntuTV as its OS, rather than a
>> Dumb TV and a Frontend PC.
>
> Indeed, that is an interesting proposition.  Given the instability of
> the Myth protocol however, it would have to be upgradable.  I don't see
> that happening.
>
> b.

Using the MythTV Services API (in 0.25), the protocol shouldn't matter
much. As long as  the services API doesn't remove the functionality
that I'm using (which I don't see happening), I don't see my Ubuntu TV
MythTV functionality breaking. Even if it did require an update, that
would be relatively easy to achieve with the way Ubuntu TV is setup.

--
Thomas Mashos