[mythtv-users] getting full channel listing for just added channels

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Sun Feb 12 20:39:31 UTC 2012

All,

I just recently added a couple of channels to my system for recording.
These channels were previously not part of any package I had so I hadn't
worried about them.  I now have them and would like to start recording
data from them.
I have added them to schedules direct, and they show up on my listings
as well as in mythtv-setup.  I can also see data for the channels at
days 13-14, so I know that the last 2 mythfilldatabase is pulling the
program listings.

Rather than wait 2 weeks for the data to become current, is it possible
to somehow tell the system to pull the data for just those channels?  I
don't think I want to go and completely purge all data as that would put
additional load on schedulesdirect. I'm hoping there is a switch I can
throw that will tell mythfilldatabase to just grab the full schedule for
these 3 channels.

I see --refresh-today,--refresh-second and --refresh-all but I cant say
I like the option of running that command every day.

Any options I'm missing?

Thanks

Larry