[mythtv-users] Rebooting master results in slave not connected

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Sun Feb 12 10:05:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 15:45 -0600, Mark Boyum wrote:
> Note that this is the normal output for my system as I don't utilize
> the slave backend very often.  But If mythtv-status can determine that
> the slave is not connected then action should be able to be taken on
> that.

mythtv-status has a couple of scripts that will generate daily emails
about various alert conditions.  Should be relatively easy to have
another script that reports if any of the encoders are disconnected.

Or, as with the mythtv_recording_now and mythtv_recording_soon scripts
(used my the molly guard protection) another little wrapper like that.

If someone can provide me the xml showing this condition (by running:
  wget http://localhost:6544/xml
) then I might be able to make a nice little wrapper for it.

Up to you to make sure use of it. ;)

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven