[mythtv-users] FCC proposal

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 21:05:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 19:24, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
> I do note your comments about people in large apartment blocks etc.
> An obvious question arises at to what sort of landlord doesn't
> provide a communal OTA aerial ? Such a property would be hard top let
> here - and one or more sat feeds are common.

A classic example was/is "the projects" in NYC.  High
rise apartment buildings, while built for working families,
often ended up being occupied by low income families.
AFAIK most of these (mega) buildings are completely
dependent on cable for their TV reception.  In the
proposed ruling, you will note that Cablevision (the
cable co in NYC) already has a waiver allowing them
to encrypt basic.