[mythtv-users] Vaapi use on Sandy Bridge

William Otten williammotten at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 22:39:07 UTC 2012

One key bit of information. All the above testing was with ubuntu 12.4
due to the fact that 11.10 with xorg-edgers ppa will not play a
recording or video. Either I get an exit out of mythtv back to a partial
desktop (there is no top panel but terminal and firefox are present and
have to use alt-ctrl-F1 to reboot) or a frozen computer at the "please
wait" screen.  So there is something different between the two that
allows me to play some recording and videos on one but not the other.