[mythtv-users] Relocating recordings storage directory

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Thu Feb 9 14:20:24 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 06:37 AM, Andre wrote:

> On 9 Feb 2012, at 06:57, Mailing Lists wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> I currently have all of my recordings stored in a directory called /myth/tv, I would like to be able to relocate them to another folder - /media/myth/tv.
>
> You can just remount the drive in /media or just mv the files if it's one filesystem, then change the storage directory path in mythtv-setup and everything will be found and recorded as before. I have done this many times when re-organising multiple disks.

You might consider choosing a different mount point than /media. In the latest
openSUSE version, the file system was changed to mount /media in tmpfs. All the
fstab entries for /media were thus broken. I'm not sure if other distros will
choose that approach, but calling it something like /video avoids the problem.

Larry