[mythtv-users] Temporal 2x vs Temporal-Spatial 2x

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:20:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]

I didn't think the 520 could do Advanced 2x on 1080i? I would like to
know if you are indeed using it, and if you don't get skipped frames.

I have a GT220, fan cooled. Fan died recently though and I had stand
an old case fan in front of it, but it's really loud...
I want to replace it but can't find anything worth buying for under
$100, I'm not worried about space but I do need Advanced 2x and would
like fanless, or at least a very quiet fan that will hopefully not die
after a few months of use....

>From my experience, the quality difference for Advanced2x is only
really noticeable >=46", with fast moving content, ie sports and such.
The bigger the screen the more noticeable on slower moving content,
though quick pans and fast movement are the big things. On my 1080p
50" plasma I can tell with sports, on my parent's 1080i 55" rear
projection the difference is more obvious. I have two Nvidia Ion
systems with a 26" and a 32" tv and my parents have one with a 24" and
one with a 26", in my testing on these monitors with the GT220's I
could not tell the difference watching sports at a reasonable
difference. Only my 26" is 1080p though, the other three are 720p
(1366x768p?)

I am very picky though...

--
Steve