[mythtv-users] tuner card

Neil Cooper neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 16:51:51 UTC 2012

--- On Tue, 2/7/12, Jason Diller <jason at diller.ca> wrote:

From: Jason Diller <jason at diller.ca>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] tuner card
To: "Discussion about MythTV" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 5:11 AM

On 2012-02-06, at 7:53 PM, Neil Cooper wrote:
If you think you might need analog but don't anticipate a need for cablecard support, I'd suggest the Hauppauge HVR 2250 (also a dual tuner but with analog tuners as well as digital):
The analog aspects of that card don't work in Linux. I use it for ATSC OTA and it works well for that, but the analog tuner isn't enabled in the driver. (Nor are the IR features, AFAICT)
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Actually analog on HVR-2250 has been supported and working for a while now.
You just need to update your kernel and/or install the analog firmware.