[mythtv-users] No sound after channel change with Pinnacle PCTV USB2 tuner

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Fri Feb 3 15:30:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
> On 11-11-22 07:28 PM, José Silva wrote:
>>
>> Nonetheless, something still puzzles me: the MPEG chip encodes the
>> video, right?
>
> Audio _and_ video.  It encodes both, combines them into a single mpeg stream,
> and all that mythtv software needs to do is save the stream to a file.

Exactly which model is this again?  There are a variety of devices
which could be referred to as "Pinnacle PCTV USB2 tuner".  Really what
I need is the model number (i.e. 70e, 73e, etc).

Also, does the audio continue to work properly after channel changes
when using tvtime?  If so, that is definitely suspicious since it
suggests the driver is doing what it's supposed to (and I'm fairly
confident that tvtime follows the API spec in this regard since I help
maintain that codebase).

I'm just trying to narrow down whether this is a driver issue for this
device or some sort of API conformance problem within Myth.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com