[mythtv-users] Can't "watch" radio channels in LiveTV

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Feb 2 22:00:23 UTC 2012

On 02/02/12 21:22, Gavin Whitehead wrote:
> On 01/02/2012 11:31, Lawrence Rust wrote:
>> On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 22:18 +0000, Gavin Whitehead wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Should I be able to 'watch' (well listen) to radio stations in MythTV
>>> via LiveTV?

,snip>

> Thanks for letting me know.  Shame it doesn't work but I guess all I
> really want to do it record radio programs, and that seems to work.  Now
> I just need to find a way to mark a channel as 'available to record' and
> not 'available to watch'!
>
> Gavin

I haven't noticed this problem, probably because my 'Live' listening is
normally via a traditional audio system and I rarely watch live TV, but
you should be able to record and playback simultaneously; 'just' needs
user training and tolerance of a few seconds' delay.  See (Fedora location)

/usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.24.1/mythtv-HOWTO-singlehtml.html#ss11.1

under EPG, key I

John P