[mythtv-users] MythicalLibrarian, symlinks and Myth: Will this work or will Myth lose its mind?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 1 20:56:00 UTC 2012

On 02/01/2012 03:25 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:
> Not true, at least in my limited experience. ML has a function where
> it can notify XBMC (As well as your desktop, I believe) when a new
> recording is available, but AFAIK that's the most "pushing" it does.
> After recording and exporting an episode of Family Guy, for example,
> it creates the following path under my recordings directory:
>
> /Episodes/Family Guy/Season 8\Family Guy S08E03 (Spies Reminiscent of
> Us).mpg
>
> I pointed my Boxee Box and my Plex Media Server to that folder, and
> each app used its respective metadata lookup to display the episode
> and plot synopsis.
>
> I'm by no means neither a dev nor an expert in XBMC etc... I'd
> consider myself maybe a power user at best, so I don't want to speak
> for them.  But it sounds to me that if MythArchive (or something
> similar) could make the file and folder hierarchy based on the above
> conventions I spelled out, that would be all we would need for the
> aggregators at large to index the content successfully.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvidexport.py and move the recording to a
MythVideo directory, perhaps?

(Where MythVideo is meant for managing video content that the user plans
to archive and/or that the user wants to organize/name themselves, as
opposed to MythTV's Watch Recordings, which is a location for recorded
video--primarily for "short term" storage/not for long-term archival.)

Mike