[mythtv-users] How to clear the program guide and refill it?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 1 08:30:22 UTC 2012

On 02/01/2012 12:01 AM, David Sims wrote:

> Hello fellow Mythtv users,
>
> I am just getting started and am currently working on the program guide.
>
> Got the mythfilldatabase to refresh-all the information on a regular
> basis now but seem to have started out with some duplicate channels.
>
> Is there a way to clear that information and re-rerun my filldatabase
> routine to re-populate this information?
>
> The run to filldatabase is happening each day so that is a minor
> issue. Just need to clear up the duplicate channel listings.
>
> In looking at the program guide I see duplicates similar to this:
>
> 5 NO DATA
>
> (UNKNOWN5)
>
> Next line…
>
> 5 Ringer:
>
> (5KRCW) It Just Got Normal
>
> The first occurrence appears to be a ghost entry of some kind.
>
> The second occurrence looks to be correct program information.
>
> I think I need to clear the database information somehow and re-fill
> the program information.
>
> Any suggestions?

Best approach is to clear out all the channel information (and all the
other related, but not in channel table information) by doing the Video
Sources portion of
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 , and
then re-create the Video Source, re-connect inputs, then re-scan (or
fetch) channels. Just make sure if you scan for channels, you set the
xmltvids before running mythfilldatabase.

Mike