[mythtv-users] Database & Storeage Directory Housekeeper

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 1 02:59:57 UTC 2012

On 01/31/2012 09:30 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 02:19, Harry Coin wrote:
>> How about all the 'tuner X is offline' on the status screen... when it turns
>> out 'tuner X' hasn't been installed for over a year and there is no way to
>> delete it as the backend that configured it has died (short of mysql
>> skills).
> I think your example is not correct.  My recollection is that
> one can "delete all capture cards" (and that deletes everything).
> Not necessarily entirely user friendly, since you then need
> to add back all your (still working) capture cards, but
> it *is* a way (without mysql skills).

Right.  "Tuners" are capture cards, whose cleanup I described in d) (and
Raymond Wagner described another approach in his reply).

That said, Harry, we all realize that there's a lot that can be improved
in MythTV.  We all have our own plans for things to do to help improve
it.  We just want to keep the bug database clear of these "nice to have"
things so that we don't lose track of important bugs that are buried
under a bunch of "nice to haves."

See, also,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/501796#501796 (and
the rest of the thread) for more info--and proof that we are trying to
work out a better approach for dealing with feature requests.

Mike