No subject

Sat Dec 15 06:33:16 UTC 2012

The channel mapping is correct for other devices (from example
the Blue-ray player connected to the same receiver).

> Then it sounds like your original media is stereo only.
>
> Are your recording directly or are you running the transcode job on
> the recordings?

I will have to check when I get home but I don't believe I am running any
transcode job right now. I disabled the transcode and ad-search recently
for other reasons.

Is there anything else in the backend settings that may cause it to only
record in stereo?

I just did some more reading, and it may be that Australian TV broadcast
rarely transmits in surround. I will try and see if I can test a few more
recordings tonight.

I am still not sure about the best option for configuration of the frontend
5.1? Do i still need to set to stereo to get the passthrough to work?

Thanks,
Brendon.

--e89a8ff1c2c26fc10104d334bc62

argin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">if channel ma=
pping is incorrect over hdmi, it&#39;s most likely that it&#39;s<br>
your cabling that is wrong<br>
ve read, this is a common issue with ALSA on some devices. The channel mapp=
ing is correct for other devices (from example the=A0Blue-ray=A0player conn=
ected to the same=A0receiver).=A0</div>
rgin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D"=
im"><br>
Are your recording directly or are you running the transcode job on<br>
the recordings?<br>
 don&#39;t believe I am running any transcode job right now. I disabled the=
 and it may be that Australian TV broadcast rarely transmits in surround. I=
 will try and see if I can test a few more recordings tonight.</div>