[mythtv-users] Double logging?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 31 16:26:39 UTC 2012

On 11/20/2012 02:24 PM, Angela wrote:
> Something to be careful about, everything what goes to file goes also to the
> database, with default logging settings.
> Cranking up the debuglevels blows your database up.
>
> Set my debuglevel to "all" for 30 minutes, ended up with  a 7 GB MySQL DB.
> Which can only be shrinked by dump/delete MySQL file/restore.

Only when using the unsupported InnoDB MySQL storage engine (or at
least, not when using the supported MyISAM MySQL storage engine).

That said, you shouldn't be logging at more than default verbosity
during normal MythTV usage.  Doing so only decreases the signal to noise
ratio of your logs.  More is not always better.

Mike