[mythtv-users] mythweb not deleting recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 31 14:22:00 UTC 2012

On 12/29/2012 12:48 AM, Paul Stillwell wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2012, at 8:04 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 29, 2012 1:43 PM, "Paul Stillwell" wrote:
>>
>>> Upon further reflection, I'm not sure any recordings are getting
>>> deleted. I saw some files that I *think* corresponded to a certain
>>> show, I deleted that show from within mythfrontend and looked and
>>> the files are still there. Maybe I'm mistaken and those files are
>>> for some different show. Any thoughts on how I can verify that files
>>> are getting deleted? After deleting the show from within
>>> mythfrontend and seeing that the files are still there, I ran
>>> 'find_orphans.py' and it didn't find anything, so maybe things are
>>> getting deleted and I'm just confused.
>>
>> Look in your deleted recordings group.
>>

> I did some poking around tonight and I can't find any deleted
> recordings group. I ran mythtv-setup and looked in the Storage groups
> section and I didn't see anything in there about a deleted recordings
> group (there wasn't anything pre-defined like there is for Live TV et
> al). I could have created one, but I would guess that anything that
> has some built in functionality would have a pre-defined group for it.
> I also poked around in the fronted setup stuff and couldn't find
> anything there either. Is the deleted recordings group something that
> came about in 0.26? I'm running 0.25.3.
>
> Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Note that Storage Groups are very different from Recording Groups.
Storage Groups are logical names for a list of directories in which
files can be found.  Recording Groups are just (generally)
user-specified group names for organizing recordings--i.e. you can
create Recordings Groups for Movies and Cooking and Science and ... and
then use those names as a filter in (or "group name" in the left column
of) Watch Recordings to quickly find the shows you want to watch.  The
Deleted recording group is a special group created by MythTV to use as a
delete queue--to allow you to delete a recording whenever you want--even
if it's in use by MythTV at the time you say to delete it.

Mike