[mythtv-users] Lossless Cut Inaccurate Cut Points

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Fri Dec 28 15:33:02 UTC 2012

Eric,
     I am not sure if it is a problem with all HDHomerun products but
the issue is tied to what the TV station broadcasts, so Lossless Cut
consistently works with some station's recordings from aHDHomerun and
not others. There is a discussion about why on the user mailing
listwhich I will not go into as I will surely mislead you;)

See the user example (last bullet) on the wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut#Known_Limitations

I was sorely disappointed in not being able to fully support HDHomerun
as it was a specific target device when I started the project. The main
project objective was to add x264 loss less cut capabilities to MythTV
as suggested by the devs. It works greatfor the other x264 recording
device (HD-PVR) but not for the HDHomerun.