[mythtv-users] 0.26 backend on Debian Squeeze?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Dec 27 17:25:52 UTC 2012

On 27/12/12 16:42, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm currently running 0.24 backend on Debian stable (Squeeze). I have some
> time during the holidays and would like to upgrade to 0.26.
>
> It seems there's no 0.26 package for Squeeze on deb-multimedia. What's the
> best way to install 0.26 on Debian squeeze (would prefer binary packages :-)

I think, from my own experience, but I'm willing to be proved wrong, that 0.26
possibly requires a later kernel or libraries than the stock Squeeze can provide.

That might be the reason there isn't a 0.26 available for it. I'm facing the
same problem and have been gradually upgrading my other hosts to Wheezy. My myth
hosts are the only ones still left on Squeeze/0.24.

I'm not about to do a major upgrade over the Christmas holidays!

--

Mike Perkins