[mythtv-users] PVR-150 frequencies

Dag Mattis Pettersen dagmatti at matmar.no
Wed Dec 26 22:35:40 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:

>> Ok. found qv4l2 and tried that. No image in any channels. Also tried
>> the PVR-350 and no image with that either. Tried the cards in another
>> machine without luck.
>>
>>> Seems strange that 3 cards are broken? But..
>>
>> How do the capacitors look?
>>

> Thanks for replying, I cannot see any leakage.
>
> Thinking about it, they might not have broken at the same time. The
> second tuner might have broken a while ago, a very few recordings have
> been broken for a few months, but I thought maybe one frequency was
> changed, or it was just a bug somewhere. It seemed to be on the same
> channel every time, probably because I had a low priority recording of
> the news every day. It is not very often I record two shows at once.
> The third tuner has not been used for a few years, but it has been
> installed in a machine that is often on (one of the frontends).
>
> I might try installing a Centos 5 with the old kernel just to
> double-check but I suspect that they are all broken.
>
> Anyway, I am now in the process of buying another card.

Hi,

I have also been using a pvr-150 to capture analog tv from "get" in Norway, and
amazingly enough my card also stopped working at the exact same time as yours
(end of september/ early october) and with the exact same symptoms. I sometimes
get some sound, but the image look in best case like the one you posted, like
the frequency is way off. My tv show the channels as before, so I guess its not
likely that they really are off.

I have taken the card out, and all the capacitors look ok, but the mainboard
has some fat low esr caps close to the cpu that looks like they are going to
explode. The machine is stable and has been stable for years, so I doubt it is
related, but..

Did you do some investigations with centos 5, or a new card?

--
Sincerely Mattis