[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.26 won't change refresh rate correctly

Daniel Osborne myth at danielosborne.net
Sun Dec 23 11:45:27 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM, HP-mini <blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> MythTV pre - 0.25 was jitter/judder free with refresh rate / video
> framerate mismatch.
>
> Your xorg.conf setup seems to be at odds with the judder-free wiki.
> The common use-case is bad EDID & requirement to force a VESA mode or
> custom modeline.
>
> My EDID is reported correctly, which is why I don't have detailed
modelines. I used the 'Basic Configuration' section in the wiki. Plus
according to the wiki itself, those don't even work in the 3xx drivers.

> You are using EDID modes & no dynamic twinview.

Dynamic twinview is/was required to allow meta-mode unique (fake)
> refreshrate reporting to xrandr.

That was the problem, I enabled dynamic twinview and the problem was fixed!

> You are blocking VESA modes.

I believe I set that to force X to use EDID modes.

You have no monitor section (no vert/horiz freq ranges)
> You have no screen in device section (prob not matter with one screen)

I use X's autoconfiguration, since I know my monitor is detected correctly
(I figured that out when I originally set this it up).

> mythfrontend -v playback
> might provide better info.
>
> Can you run "nvidia-settings" & try each of the listed display
> resolutions & check what your TV reports.

Anyway, DynamicTwinView was the problem, once I enabled it the problem was
resolved. I'm not sure why that worked in the older driver and not now. I
didn't want to go back to the old driver because I was tired of the HDMI
audio always breaking when X restarts.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Daniel