[mythtv-users] MyBlaster Serial and MythBlaster Serial

sudanmas at gmail.com sudanmas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 01:28:04 UTC 2012

My Cabco, Eastlink Cable, is terminating its analogue cable service as of
next year.  The stock DC box they provide is a Motorola DCX700.  I've
connected the DC box to my Haupauge 250 capture card, plugged the IR
Receiver cable that came with the 250 into the IR IN port of the DCX700.
I've placed a serial IR blaster connected to COM1 of my Myth box, directly
in front of the DC's IR cable receiver.

I've been following the instructions MyTHTV.ORG Wiki Page - section 5 which
doesn't rely on LIRC (I don't need to use the H'page remote from here on
out)

The Serial IR Blaster's LED lights up when I execute either of the two
SourceForge serial IR Blaster perl scripts, so I know the IR blaster does
work. I've also checked the DCX700's diag menu and it detected that the IR
receiver is attached. But so far no luck getting the mythbox's IR Blaster
to have an effect on the DC Box.

I'm running M'Buntu 10.04 LTS

Any advice on how to make this thing work?  Ideally I'd love to hear from
any Myth users who subscribe to Eastlink's DC service, but any advice at
all would be really appreciated.

Drop me a line to sudanmas at gmail dot com or the mailing list.

Thanks!