[mythtv-users] parental controls based on video folder

Zach C uid000 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:27:14 UTC 2012

This is interesting for a couple of reasons. First, I'm not the only
person who wants to do parental settings based on path, and second
there doesn't seem to be an official way to do it.

Yes, I'd like to see your mysql script when you get a chance.

Thanks

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:18 AM, Martin Ginkel
<martin.ginkel at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2012/12/17 Zach C <uid000 at gmail.com>:
>> Is it possible to set parental controls based on the folder a given video is in?
>>
>> For example i'd like to have one access level for
>> /path/to/videos/family and another one for /path/to/videos/grown-ups.
>
> I have something like this implemented based on Mysql.
>
> The Idea is that whenever something is added or updated in the video
> table, you fire off a trigger which
> updates the parental settings according to the path.
> In contrast to the cron script, this acts immediately at insert time
> (when you press update in the videos menu).
>
> I can post the script when I'm back home.
>
>           Martin

:wq!