[mythtv-users] is it possible to configure netvision youtube to identify as an ipad ?

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 02:53:40 UTC 2012

It is true that the user agent makes a difference; it seems to bypass Flash
and have a somewhat funky layout in my "normal" browsers.  But I found
there is an (undocumented) html5 parameter that can be sent when
constructing the player.  This should prefer HTML 5 playback whenever
possible without having to remove the Flash plugin or do anything with
cookies and user agents.

I've updated my patch to include this parameter.  I didn't add this to the
main ticket yet; I'd like to try to externalize this setting and others, if
possible, rather than changing the behavior of the page outright.

Thanks,
Alex