[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Tue Dec 18 23:54:00 UTC 2012

I can't see much about this.  We have a Prime and 2 x Duals.  Generally
this worked really well, until my son wanted us to setup MCE so he can
watch TV using his XBox.  Generally MythTV uses Tuner 0 of the prime,
while MCE uses Tuner 3.  MCE will lock the Tuner so other applications
know it's in use and roundrobin it to the next.  However Myth doesn't.
This means MCE will quite happily steal a tuner from MythTV causing
LiveTV or Recordings to fail.

Other than getting a MythFrontend in my sons room, how easy would it be
to implement a lock using the hdhomerun software built into Myth.

This is the only thing Google brought up which doesn't really bode well.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10043

Does anyone else have this issue?
--

Rob Davis