[mythtv-users] Suggestions on troubleshooting..

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 22:24:28 UTC 2012

No.  It's an IguanaIR.  I've plugged the output of the HDPVR into the TV's
component in to verify that channel changes are taking place as expected.
 Since it's a U-Verse box, I also have a cron job that sends an "OK" to the
box every 30 minutes to keep it from going to sleep.

The only thing I can think of that may be an issue is that this Mythbuntu
box got to 12.04 via an upgrade, not a fresh install.  Could that be an
issue?

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Joe Henley <joehenley at kc.rr.com> wrote:

> Eric,
>
> When I went thru a similar problem, I found that the set top box, which I
> controlled (for channel change) via firewire, was not working properly.  I
> could manually set the channel on it, run the cat /dev/video0 etc. test and
> it worked fine.  When I tried to control it via firewire, it would not
> output a signal; thus there was no recording nor picture on live TV.  Are
> you using firewire for channel change control?
>
> Joe Henley

Eric Ladner