[mythtv-users] Number of Recordings to keep...

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Sun Dec 16 22:57:49 UTC 2012

Greetings,

 I enabled "Number of Recordings to Keep", along with "record new and expire old". I set it to two recordings.
I then manually scheduled, through cron, a recording every hour.  The title stays the same, but the subtitle is different.
I delete the old schedule when I create a new one, as to not clutter up my recording schedules.

So, in effect, I have a new recording every hour.  I set "number of recordings to keep" to 2.  I currently have 4.

My questions are:  How is this information gathered to determine how many recordings there are?
Since I create a new schedule every hour, perhaps this method will not work?

Any input welcome.

Thanks,

Jason