[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.26 - cannot play live TV on PVR250

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat Dec 15 06:41:01 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----
From:Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk>
Sent:Thu 22-11-2012 19:55
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] mythtv 0.26 - cannot play live TV on PVR250
To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org;

-----Original message-----
From:Matt S. <skd5aner at gmail.com>
Sent:Wed 21-11-2012 23:15
To:Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>;
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:37 AM, jrh <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the same problem, and opened a pair of trac tickets for this. I am
> assuming you are trying to watch analog TV.
>
> The tickets I opened are http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11211 and 11212.
> They are classified as hang/deadlock.
>
> Regards!
>

> On Nov 8, 2012, at 5:44 AM, Dave Pearson wrote:

Here's a "Me Too".

Although, I'm wondering if it has more to do with kernel version that
mythtv version - or possibly a combination of the two.  I could watch
live tv just fine for a few weeks after upgrading to 0.26, then I
upgraded from Ubuntu 12.04 (kernel 3.2 I believe) to Ubuntu 12.10,
(kernel 3.5).  After this, I get basically the same symptoms - my
analog tuners (PVR-500) completely hang mythfrontend either directly
before showing video, or directly after.  Recordings work just fine.

For folks that are experiencing this issue, can you please let me know
what version of the kernel you are running and if you recently
upgraded your distro/kernel?  Hopefully we can help track down the
root cause so the devs can focus on the right fix.

See http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11229 for more details...

I've brought this to the attention of the devs, but I'm wondering how
prevalent this issue is - I've basically not been able to use live tv
for the last 3 weeks or so because MythTV wants to start on my analog
tuners, so I don't even have the option of tuning to a non-analog
channel.

Thanks!
Matt

I upgraded from Ubuntu 12.04 to 12.10 at around the same time as I went from mythtv 0.25 to 0.26, unfortunately I cannot remember the exact sequence and if LiveTV was working between upgrades.

Regards,

Dave

I've recently installed xbmc-frodo RC1, which has support for mythtv 0.26 built in to it.

I have found that I can play Live TV from the PVR250 but I get a very corrupt picture - this doesn't happen with PVR250 recordings or Live TV from my DVB cards.

I've tried adjusting the settings in the Live TV Recording Profile, but it seems to make no difference.

Regards,

Dave.