[mythtv-users] .26 rpms for Centos 6.3

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:09:05 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> On 10/12/12 18:14, Russell Gower wrote:
> The post below has a link to srpms, spec files and notes for 0.26 that are
> said to based on the ATrpms distribution, working under Scientific Linux
> 6.3, and 'should work on any rpm based system.'  I'm afraid I haven't yet
> tried to use them myself;  they still seem to be in the dropbox.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/16455#16455
>
> ATrpms has just been updated with (for f16) a couple of nvidia kmdls; it
> seems that the matching kernels haven't yet reached the fedora-updates repo.

I think it's something specific to CentOS but I have no clue what. I
don't think it's the RPMs I'm building since they are also based on
the ones from MythTV git since the original author had a hand in both
those and the ones I maintain for RPM Fusion.

The only difference right now between the ones I build for Fedora and
EL6 is that I have CrystalHD disabled in EL because the library isn't
available. Other than that the spec file is 100% identical. Obviously
there's a lot of kernel and library version differences but that's the
nature of the beast when running EL.

Richard