[mythtv-users] convert video format

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Thu Dec 13 00:55:43 UTC 2012

On 13/12/2012 9:27 AM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com
> <mailto:josu.lazkano at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks for the replies, I don't know why you say that this is a
>     illegal download. This is a TV recording.
>
>     I installed the Nvidia driver from the official web page, I have not
>     the README file. I read the wikipedia VDPAU page, I think that I need
>     the H.264 codec.
>
>     My backend is not very powerful so I want to be sure before start to
>     recode. I have lots of files to recode.
>
>     Thanks for your help.
>
>     Regards.
>

>     --
>     Josu Lazkano
>

> Since when did the backend start using a naming convention that
> resulted in this filename?
>
> /mnt/myth/videos/Sudamerica/EEEM.1x48.Bogota.DVBRiP.Pica.avi
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas Mashos

Looks like some kind of current affairs or news show, display's no
copyright notices in startup credits, audio is pretty crappy.  Might be
wrong to assume (based on filename) that it is an illegal download.

Regardless of where it came from, fact of the matter is, file will play
fine in VLC (and I suspect other players, from what the OP says, Myth
will not play it correctly)

Now, if we still had the ability to use an "External" Player, this would
not be a problem.  Myth has problems playing video's from my Nikon
camera, but VLC, and XBMC do not (on the same system).