[mythtv-users] 0.26-fixes - need to change video renderer

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 10:01:22 UTC 2012

On 11 December 2012 21:37, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 12/11/2012 15:55, Tim Draper wrote:
>
>> FE hardware is HP 6530b laptop
>>

> Your laptop has integrated Intel graphics. Nothing you ever do will make
> it capable of using a VDPAU profile. Could you give us the log output from
> trying to use the (non-VDPAU) Normal or Slim profile?

OK, I feel very stupid - VDPAU is ofcouse nvidia only!
Weirdly it's been set to VDPAU for a while, and has played various content
(even those that fall under the same recording schedule and channel,
back-to-back showings) perfectly fine!

switching to VAAPI (which the Intel 4500MHD supports) now plays the content
that originally failed, although i did need to restart mythfrontend....
maybe this is why the 'normal' or 'slim' profiles didnt work; no
mythfrontend restart.

Thanks for stating the obvious Raymond; it was obviously needed this time :D