[mythtv-users] Schema issue

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:06:23 UTC 2012

On 11 December 2012 04:46, eric millham <emillham at gmail.com> wrote:

> Steve,
>

> dpkg -l | grep myth
> 2:0.26.0+fixes.20121206.09ac5b2
>

> mythbackend --version
> MythTV Version : v0.26.0-55-g09ac5b2
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26
> Network Protocol : 75
> Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
>

> Hi Eric,
>
> Could you send the output from the following commands ( from terminal ) :
>
> dpkg -l | grep myth
>
> and
>
> mythbackend --version
>
> This will help us see what's been installed/upgraded.
>

>  Kind Regards,
> Steve Camfield
>

> On Sun, 9 Dec 2012 21:06:58 -0700, eric millham wrote:
>
>  Hi, I had a crash...
>> I reinstalled using mythbuntu and 26 fixes.
>> All packages are up to date.
>> I then followed the wiki to restore my database from the daily backup I
>> have.
>> Now, I get this message if I start mythbackend as a service and then it
>> exits:
>> newer TV schema (1307) than expected (1299)
>> However, if I start mythbackend from a terminal it runs fine.
>> It seems that somehow my mythbackend version was newer on my old install?
>>
>> How can I fix this?
>> Thanks!
>

> I've had a similar issue to this (i cant remember the exact schema
versions).  http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10931819&postcount=23helped
(i think i still had the libmyth-0.25 still installed after
upgrading to 0.26). i also seem to recall manually running 'apt-get install
mythfrontend' (or whatever the mythfrontend package is called), and then
clearing up the apt-get packages it was moaning about.