[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi frontend via Raspbmc - first try report

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Tue Dec 11 16:47:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:54 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>wrote:

> On the subject of commskipping inaccuracies though, it seems really odd
> to me.  There are lots of times that the commflagger flags beyond the
> end of the commercial break even when there is a very clear set of
> "black frames" at the end of the break.  I suspect something fundamental
> has gone funky in the commskipping code.  Maybe it's better on 0.26
> (although I'm not holding my breath).  I'm still on 0.25-fixes.

I doubt 0.26+ has fixed anything--I haven't heard about any progress in
that regard. commflagging got completely broken in 0.25. It used to work
nearly perfectly in 0.24, but something changed in 0.25 and now I'm lucky
if it catches 1 out of 5 breaks. I also had to prevent it from running
while the recording was occurring, otherwise it errored out with an
end-of-file, apparently some old latent race condition that has only now
manifested itself. There is reason for hope, though. Somebody (Stuart M?)
was collecting samples of shows from mythtv users around the world to test
the commflagger. But that's been 6 months or so ago. I don't know what's
going on with it now.

Karl