[mythtv-users] Error opening jump program file buffer - 0.26 mythtv while selecting a channel in Live tv

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:25:15 UTC 2012

2012/12/11 Craig Van Tassle <craig at codestorm.org>:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 18:13:33 -0600
> "Saul A. Peebsen" <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 18:01:38 -0600
>> Mike Atkinson <kdx7214 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Ooops, no sorry, dvb digital (although standard definition).  I'm
>> > using a Hauppauge HVR-1600 card.
>>
>> Interesting, I've been having similar error with analog for ages. Is
>> this bug really starting to affect digital?
>>
>> BTW, fixed top posting for you. On this list we use email as it was
>> before Microsoft learned networking.
>>

> I have the same issue. I'm able to watch TV once on any on my
> frontends. However I'm not able to watch again.
>
> I'm currently ruuning a Dedicated backend, and two seperate frontends.
> My backend uses a HD Homerun Prime. It was working well on 0.24. I'm
> now using 0.26/fixes.
>
> When I get the backend errors I see this in my logs.
>
> Dec 10 23:17:57 library mythlogserver: mythbackend[16842]: W ProcessRequest ringbuffer.cpp:1035 (WaitForReadsAllowed) RingBuf(/srv/mythtv/3056_20121211041756.mpg): Taking too long to be allowed to read..
> Dec 10 23:17:58 library mythlogserver: mythbackend[16842]: W ProcessRequest ringbuffer.cpp:1035 (WaitForReadsAllowed) RingBuf(/srv/mythtv/3056_20121211041756.mpg): Taking too long to be allowed to read..
> Dec 10 23:17:59 library mythlogserver: mythbackend[16842]: W ProcessRequest ringbuffer.cpp:1035 (WaitForReadsAllowed) RingBuf(/srv/mythtv/3056_20121211041756.mpg): Taking too long to be allowed to read..
>
> I also see numberous 0byte files that are all created at the same time.. and I see 6 0 second recoardings in the LiveTV recoarding filters.
>
> One thing I'm able to do reliabily is restart the backend and I'm able to watch tv again, once.
>
> Any ideas that could help?
> --

I have same problem with dedicated backend and 3 frontends. The
backend use 4 DVB devices (2 DVB-T and 2 DVB-S). This is mythbackend
version:

# mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.26.0
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.2
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss
using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

This is the only big problem that I have on myth boxes, if you need
more info, please, tell me.

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano