[mythtv-users] Standalone music player compatible with MythTV / Linux

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 10:03:54 UTC 2012

I'm looking to add music playback functionality into a room with no TV
display, so the normal MythTV frontend isn't appropriate.

Does anyone on the list have experience with any devices that can
connect either to MythTV's supported protocols or read the MP3 files
directly from a network share etc.

I've seen a couple of devices on Amazon here in the UK which seem to
fulfil the hardware requirements (physical look and feel, built-in
speakers etc.), but not sure how well they'd integrate into a Linux /
MythTV setup.

Philips NP3300 Streamium Network Music Player
Archos 35 Home Connect Internet Radio
Logitech Squeezebox Radio

Either WiFi or Wired networking is fine as I have network points in the
room.

 From a price perspective, ideally looking for something around the £100
mark.

Cheers