[mythtv-users] Mythmusic folder view

marcus hall marcus at tuells.org
Sun Dec 9 17:19:56 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 10:30:05AM +0000, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 08/12/12 22:59, Roger Siddons wrote:
> >
> >Playing selected tracks is a bit strange - Play doesn't work but
> >'Next Track' starts it going . I suspect a small bug.
> >Playing everything else is simple: 'Replace Tracks' to play
> >immediately or 'Add Tracks' to play it after your current
> >album/playlist/etc.
> >

> I'm curious In what way doesn't Play work? Seems to work fine here!
> Are you saying when you press Play and you have tracks in the play
> queue it doesn't toggle Play/Pause? On which view? Which widget has
> the focus? Does it work while playing back video/recordings?  Maybe
> I'm misunderstanding what you want Play to do.
>
> Paul H.

I believe that Roger was referring to the PLAY button on the remote control.
That seems to be behaving just like SELECT.  If you press the SKIP TRACK
button, the player does start playing.  It would be nice if the PLAY button
on the remote would start playing...

So, if you enter the playlist editor with nothing currently in the play queue,
you can navigate to the desired artist/album/track/playlist/whatever, press
MENU->REPLACE TRACKS, then press PLAY and whatever you selected should start
playing right then. That might be enough to be "easy to use", if not obvious
at first.

Some solution to the problem of having to page for 30-40 seconds just to get
down the list of artists would be helpful too.  The old scheme of having an
additional level to get the the first letter seemed to work well (and was
an option that could be enabled/disabled as needed.)  That seems to be a
reasonable option, and is pretty obvious to the user.

marcus hall
marcus at tuells.org