[mythtv-users] backend showing HDPVR device errors

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Fri Dec 7 17:38:50 UTC 2012

I am not sure if this was happening before the upgrade to latest trunk
or not but my master backend has become very unstable since the upgrade
so I started looking at the logs.

I am seeing things like this:
DevRdB(/dev/video0): Poll giving up 2
MPEGRec(/dev/video0): Device error detected
mpegrecorder.cpp:set_ctrls(): Could not set MPEG Bitrate mode to 0

I have two HDPVR's and they appear to be working fine and have the
latest firmware.  I can get recordings from them even when the above
errors happen.  I just have issues with the masterbackend segfaulting
frequently now and there are not the same messages in the backend log
leading up to each one so I was wondering if what I am mentioning above
is an problem and what steps can I take to resolve the problem.