[mythtv-users] please help with very slow flash video in mythbuntu 12.04

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Dec 6 13:29:10 UTC 2012

Hello,

tl;dr: after upgrading OS from mythbuntu 10.10 to mythbuntu 12.04
youtube videos are replayed delayed and with very slow FPS while the
sound via spdif is OK. So I suspect something in the 10.10 -> 12.04
upgrade and am seeking for a help.

Facts: with identical hardware (ION Atom 1,6 GHz dual HT core) and
software (up-to-date MythTV-frontend 0.25) YouTube videos played
perfectly in Mythbuntu 10.10 (kernel 2.6.x, nvidia ??.??). Plain upgrade
of the OS broke it. I now get like 3-5 frames per second on say "4
chords song official video". And the video is delayed almost a second
behind the sound.

There is nothing interesting in the logfile (in debug level), it just
reports creating mythflashplayer and that's it.

Flash is up-to-date (11.2.202.251ubuntu) as well.

Firefox replays the same Youtube video properly (with load about 60%).

When Mythnetvision is replaying the file it eats about 180% of CPU. That
seems pretty much. However, after expanding the 'top' output to show
load of each core it shows about 4x45%.

I have double checked the symlink to libflashplayer.so
in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

What else can I say? I have tried playing with /etc/adobe/someconfigfile
but then the mythfrontend segfaulted immediately.

Please help me to fix it.

Thanks

Petr