[mythtv-users] Is Mirobridge still the best way to import recordings from RSS?

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Tue Dec 4 22:46:14 UTC 2012

Matt Emmott wrote:
> I've built a combined FE/BE on a laptop, and was planning on syncing
> some shows recorded on my home MythTV system. The goal is to have those
> shows show up in the 'Watch Recordings' section of the laptop, as if
> they had been recorded via a tuner.

I don't know Mirobridge, but I'm using mythnettv for that purpose for a
few years now without problems. Importing TED, TWIT etc. into my
recordings. And unlike other people here, I think recordings is the
better place than mythvideo for imported videos like that, once watched
they autoexpire...

> My plan is to install MythExport on the home system and run UserJobs to
> export certain scheduled recordings to RSS feeds.

You don't need mythexport for that. Mythweb already creates RSS feeds
for you. Just klick on "Recorded Programs" and have a look in the lower
left corner...

> Then I would use
> Mirobridge on the laptop to subscribe to these feeds and auto-import
> them as the feed is populated. Is Mirobridge still the best way to do
> something like this, or is there similar functionality in MythNetVision
> (or another plugin I'm not aware of)?

As said above, mythnettv.

HTH
Thomas