[mythtv-users] Is Mirobridge still the best way to import recordings from RSS?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 4 17:12:55 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 11:52 AM, Matt Emmott wrote:
> I've built a combined FE/BE on a laptop, and was planning on syncing
> some shows recorded on my home MythTV system. The goal is to have
> those shows show up in the 'Watch Recordings' section of the laptop,
> as if they had been recorded via a tuner.
>
> My plan is to install MythExport on the home system and run UserJobs
> to export certain scheduled recordings to RSS feeds. Then I would use
> Mirobridge on the laptop to subscribe to these feeds and auto-import
> them as the feed is populated. Is Mirobridge still the best way to do
> something like this, or is there similar functionality in
> MythNetVision (or another plugin I'm not aware of)?

IMHO, Video Library is the best way to import any kind of
not-recorded-by-this-particular-MythTV-system video into MythTV...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/534286#534286

In summary, it's easier to organize (it's organized by you), you can
name the videos anything (i.e. to include metadata which would allow you
to identify them even in the loss of a MythTV database), and it's /much/
better for filtering/sorting/searching/navigating.  Watch Recordings is
a simple flat view of the database contents that can only be filtered by
recording group or category.

IMHO, sticking videos into Watch Recordings is akin to sending yourself
e-mail messages to store large files...  It's just not designed for that
type of use.

Mike