[mythtv-users] Mythexport choosing wrong audio stream

D. R. Newman d.r.newman at e-consultation.org
Tue Dec 4 15:33:38 UTC 2012

On 04/12/12 09:20, John Pilkington wrote:

>   Can you switch channels on playback?  The -ac 2 suggests (to me) that
> both channels would be passed.

I thought -ac 2 merely told avconv to produce stereo, rather than 5
channel output from a particular audio track, not to use a different track?

My solution to the original problem is to run a demux script on every UK
MPEG2 recording. It uses projectx to split into video and audio tracks,
finds the longest audio file, then uses mplex to combine that with with
the video file, producing an MPEG2 file with only one audio track. Put
that into mythexport and all should be well.

David Newman